Facial aesthetics is a blend of science, anatomy and art. Studies show that the concept of beauty has a lot to do with symmetry and balance.
Some 2,500 years ago, in Ancient Greece, it was discovered that when a line is divided into two parts in a ratio of 1: 1.618, it creates an appealing proportion. This ratio is known as “The Golden Ratio”, the divine proportion or Phi (named after Phidias, a Greek sculptor and mathematician who used this ratio when designing sculptures).
Since the Renaissance period, artists like Botticelli and Leonardo Da Vinci have used the golden ratio in the sketching of their paintings, such as Monalisa or Birth of Venus. During modern times, “The Golden Ratio” has been applied to facial beauty and adopted as a guideline for aesthetic treatments.
How would we use “The Golden Ratio” to measure the ideal proportions of the facial structure?
- the distance from the top of the nose to the centre of the lips should be 1.618 times the distance from the centre of the lips to the chin
- the hairline to the upper eyelid should be 1.618 times the length of the top of the upper eyebrow to the lower eyelid
- the ideal ratio of upper to lower lip volume is 1:1.6 (the lower lip should have slightly more volume than the upper lip)
As we age, our faces lose volume and plumpness and that might result in losing “The Golden Ratio”.
At Skin Wise, we achieve this optimal ratio by using dermal fillers and botulinum toxin to enhance and rejuvenate facial proportions:
- If your face is long and narrow, we’ll use fillers to enhance the width of the cheekbones or if the lower face is too short, she can enhance the jawline and even extend and add symmetry to the chin using fillers.
- If the temple area is sunken, we’ll use dermal fillers to restore the volume and add proportion to the eye area.
- If a too-high forehead is an issue, she can inject botulinum toxin such as Botox to raise the eyebrows.
- A non-surgical lip augmentation can also reduce your lower facial height.
All our treatments are bespoke and tailored to your needs, We recommend booking in for a free consultation to find out what treatments are best suited to your needs and what offers we currently have.